Sunday, August 29, 2010

New Works...

Only two weeks until the next Up Market. I have been busy making work for this market as well as for an order for Aspects of King's Park. Look out for my new plates and trinket boxes up there.

Above are slip cast bowls with tissue transfer and coloured slip. There is only one of each design, but look great as a little set. They are exclusive to the Perth Upmarket (at this point).


These cute little people are Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. If you book into my clay classes for term four you will learn how to make them. I have made four sets to sell at the next Up Market. They are all slightly different from each other as they are hand built.

I still haven't glaze fired these new look trinket boxes, so the jury's out as to whether I like them or not. They have two types of slip + my hand made tissue transfers.

None of these forms are new, but casting them in these colours is. I really like the way the bottles have colour, white, colour on the rim. These forms in a collection of colours will be at the next Upmarket too.


The last picture is of my small bowls in peacock, blue/black and drum roll.... my new black! Don't they look yummy together?

No comments:

Post a Comment